Thursday, January 3, 2013

Simple Observations: The Whale-Cat

Dear world, you're weird!

It's amazing what oddities anyone can find when they take a moment to look.  I mean really look.

For example, this little loofah was an adorable discovery from when I explored the local Japanese dollar store, Daiso, with my sister-in-law.  Like the shop-aholics we are, we put a magnifying glass to every corner of the store, and through that lens we spotted the loofahs.  They came in various shapes and sizes, all with happy faces; after all, who wouldn't be euphoric about scrubbing you clean...?

Maybe it's best not to answer that.

This little guy came home with me.  He was only a dollar, and my boring old American scrubby needed to be retired to waste bin paradise.  Then my sister-in-law and I showed it to my brother, gushing about how cute our find was.  His response?  "What the freak is it?!"

It's a whale!
It's a cat!
It's a seal?
    Naw, the head's too big.
I dub thee whale-cat!

Why are all Japanese products so freaking cute?  I mean seriously, who puts cat ears on a whale?  Whoever they are, I want to give them a high-five; I can't help but chuckle whenever I look at it.  Talk about a great way to start the day.

~Katie Healy

PS: I'm planning on making these Simple Observations every Thursday, so keep an eye out for the post the same time next week.  Thank you for reading, and as always, have a fantastic day!

No comments:

Post a Comment